Friday, May 16, 2014

Visit to Kennecotts copper mine from 30th June to 3rd July 2006 - Salt lake City


Surely, I feel really sad as to why I could not load my experience in respect of certain visits dated back in the blog. I have one or two reasons for this, during the course of visit, I never had an intention of uploading it into a blog, secondly, thousands of photographs went into the shelves of library, I could not trace most of them till recently. This visit to Kennecotts copper mine in Salt Lake city is a wonderful visit. I understand what amount of pains a dedicated American took in the interest of his country. Hower Dam, Golden gate bridge - why one, I have my admiration to the citizens of America. Had this been in India, perhaps we might be the proud citizens to inform the world about our civilization of time immemorial or thousands of years - the world might not have seen or contemplated about the civilization in the then period. How dedicated a family unearthed copper for its country, how they struggled and what vision they have for future - everything can be virtually seen during the visit. i was told that this mine is seen from satellite. People dug to such an extent, they constructed many hills out of the garbage from the mine spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment