Friday, May 16, 2014

Holy Mount Kailash of America


I visited Salt Lake City in the month of July 2006 along with my wife Sow Padmavathy. I wondered as to how Americans dedicated themselves to a cause. The City did not have any fresh water lakes or facilities. Interestingly this City is surrounded by several hills which always have snow fall. The greatest brain work is that, the snow that is melted due to heat, runs down to the plains as fresh water. Such fresh water is collected and pooled up in very big ponds in the plains and the same water is pumped to the local residents as drinking water. That is the greatness of Americans. Not a single drop of water is wasted. The air port is built up adjacent to Salt Lake with which name the city is now called. It appears that the area was under Sea long ago and when sea water receded, some portion of water stayed back in the form of a lake. This is ofcourse purely my assumption. Now coming back to the topic, when I visited the hill filled up with snow in the mid summer day, I presumed Lord Shiva on the snow filled up mountain and to my eyes it was nothing less than Kailash of America. It was my desire to construct a great Lord Shiva Temple on the hill and make Indian Hindu Americans to visit the place and worship Lord Shiva as if they are in Great Kailash, while reducing their strain to visit Great Mount Kailash in Tibet. I am also not sure of my length of life to complete the job contemplated; also not sure of financial condition; also not sure of taking up the great venture. Presumably someone in the near future might fulfill my desire and Lord's Wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment